Bundle: How to make an iPhone app 1 and 2
This bundle contains both courses for a great price!
In the beginner course, you’ll learn the ropes and build your confidence. The important thing here is to get past the initial “hump” so that you don’t give up on learning programming!
After you’ve graduated from the basics and laid out the foundation for your iOS programming education, the intermediate course will empower you to create amazing database driven apps and show you all the tools, tips and tricks available at your disposal!
What you’ll learn in Beginner Course:
How to read/write Swift code
How to use Xcode 8
How to construct app interfaces
How to use auto layout to position your user elements
How to handle user interaction
How to create multiple screens and navigate between them
How to use various user interface elements such as scrollers (scrollviews), lists (tableviews), buttons etc.
How to display images
How to perform animations
How to play sounds
How to use timers
How to save data
How to parse data feeds to display in your app
How to handle multiple orientations
How to express conditional logic in your app
How to debug and troubleshoot your code
The biggest benefit of this course is that you’ll be able to follow along, building your skills layer by layer and at the end, you’ll no longer be a beginner.
You’ll be able to read/write code and have the confidence to pursue your bigger and more complex app ideas.
The most successful students are those who stick it through
It absolutely makes sense, doesn’t it? If it were easy, then everybody would be an app publisher. There’s this invisible “hump” that beginners struggle with. Some people call this the learning curve.
There’s a struggle to get up and past that hump. After that, it becomes and feels easy!
Here’s how we’re going to get you past that “hump” and make sure that you finish the course and go on to publish apps!
A project based approach is the best way to learn
You’ll be building your iOS programming skills by constructing 4 different apps in increasing difficulty. Each of the apps will introduce new skills and concepts and build upon the previous concepts that were taught.
This is a fun, goal oriented and practical way to learn new concepts and to reinforce material learned in previous lessons.
By the end, you’ll have built 4 fully functional apps on your own!
What you’ll learn in the Intermediate Course:
Learn all about how we can leverage the Firebase platform for our apps WITHOUT having to set up any server infrastructure:
– Learn how to set up a new Firebase Realtime Database
– Learn how to connect it with your Xcode project
– Learn how to use Cocoapods, a free tool that is widely used by pros
– Learn how to save data to your realtime remote database
– Learn how to query and retrieve your data from the database
– Learn how to listen for updates to your data so that you can update your app with fresh data instantly!
Create a Survey App:
– Save survey results to the database
– UISwitch (toggle switch)
– UIPicker (like the date picker)
– UITextfield / dismissing the keyboard (textfields!)
– Text View (for displaying lots of text)
– Furthermore, in the beginner course, you learned about navigation controllers and how it lets you go from screen to screen. Well in this module, you’ll learn about Collection Views which will be extremely valuable when you start to have many view controllers in your project!
Create a Locations app:
– Present a list of locations from the database
– Display a map and location details
– Display markers on the map
– Geolocating the user
– Calculating distances for a list of locations
– Learn how to use additional UI controls
Create a photo sharing app:
– Learn how to create user accounts
– Allow the user to register for an account
– Social login
– Launching the camera to take a photo
– Selecting a photo from the library
– Save photos and user generated data to the database
– List and display photos by other users
– Sharing on Facebook and Twitter
– Learn how to use the Tab Bar Controller to feature tab sections at the bottom of your app
With the basics out of the way from the beginners course, this intermediate course will open up all the opportunities for building your own app idea.
You’ll learn all of the essential how-tos for accomplishing the common tasks listed above.
Staying motivated and keeping yourself accountable
Every lesson has a quiz to test if you’ve learned the key concepts from the lesson.
At the end of each module, there’ll be a “final exam” containing all questions from all the lessons in that module.
Pass the quiz at the end of each lesson to expose the Complete Lesson button which will allow you to track your progress through the course!
Have you tried the first 15 lessons?
Badges, quizzes and course progress are only available inside the paid course area
My personal commitment to you
Three years later of building iPhone apps for clients at my consulting job, I discovered a passion for teaching and I remembered how difficult it was when I tried to learn.
Now it’s my mission to make it as easy as possible for anybody to pick up the fundamentals of creating an app and this course is my vehicle to do that.
1. Video lessons allow you to see exactly what i’m seeing
2. I help you understand the intricacies of creating an app so that you’re NOT just blindly following directions
3. Everybody learns differently. I’ll personally answer any questions you have about the course material and address your personal knowledge gaps
So if you’ve ever wanted to learn how to make an iPhone app, here’s your best opportunity!
See you inside,